Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Wearing

For those that don't know me well IRL, I love love love baby wearing. I started with a Moby that a friend gave me. Found the wrapping really frustrating, but I did use it. I soon bought a Mei Tai Baby which doesn't require a long piece of fabric and found the baby wearing love. Squish gets worn every single day. Some days just for a few minutes here or there. Other days he's worn for hours. Just depends on what's going on.
Recently I've been wondering if I gave up on wrapping too early. My biggest complaints about the Moby were that it was super long and HOT. I'm still not convinced that wrapping is for me, so instead of buying a baby wearing wrap (they seriously cost about $100!) I bought fabric that can be safely used for baby wearing. For about $20 I've got two wraps cut out of it. I still need to shorten the tails a bit more and find someone to do a quick stitch along the ends to keep it from fraying, but I've got a cheap solution to play around with wrapping over the coming months. 

My first attempt at a kangaroo carry.

As far as my decluttering failing goes, I still have not finished the paper clutter by any means. However, I did spend time today in Squish's room. I packed away most of his 3-6 month clothing. I washed the last bit of his 6-12 month clothing and put it away. He's getting way too big, way too fast! I do feel great knowing that all of Squish's stuff is put away and organized though. So I've done 2/3 weeks. Better than none, right?

2 comments:

Ally said...

Oh how I miss baby wearing. I use to wear my kids everyday. It was so much easier to get things done. Cherish it pretty soon he will be close to 30lbs and you will have to stop cause your back is killing you..lol.

He is so cute by the way :)

Mrs Sea Monster said...

Thanks! I'm going to be so sad when I can no longer baby wear.